Dovecote Nursery aims to give every one of our children the best possible start to their education. The children will follow the British Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) from birth to 5 years before progressing to schools in Dubai or abroad.
In line with the principles of EYFS we will place a clear focus on the use of assessment in providing the best information about the progress and development of each child.
Dovecote Nursery will:
- Recognise that children are competent, influential and need to be involved in their own assessment;
- Work with all other adults important to the child;
- Recognise each child’s individual route to learning;
- Build a broad picture of the child which ranges widely, incorporating and interconnecting all the areas of learning and development.
Our nursery staff will:
- Make systematic observations and assessments of each child’s achievements, interests and learning styles;
- Use these observations and assessments to identify learning priorities and plan relevant and motivating learning experiences for each child;
- Match their observations to the expectations of the early learning goals.